You won't get a better deal anywhere else!
You won't get a better deal anywhere else!
Van Servicing and Maintenance
With every new van from Vansdirect, taken on either a finance lease or hire purchase agreement, you have the option to include one of our van maintenance packages which covers the costs of van servicing, maintenance, and MOT testing for the duration of your contract. Prices start from just £20 + VAT per month.
How our Van Servicing and Maintenance Package Works
When your new van indicates a service or MOT is due, you simply contact our maintenance team, and they will manage the whole process for you. They will:
- Find the closest approved garage to your home or work address
- Arrange collection and delivery of your vehicle with the respective garage*
- Authorise any work on your behalf
- Contact you with any pre-negotiated costs associated with work that falls outside of the contract to seek authorisation to proceed
The benefits of van servicing
Ensuring your new van is regularly serviced is important for many reasons. The key benefits include:
- Enhanced safety: Technicians will inspect key van components to check they're working effectively. These include elements such as brakes, tyres, suspension, steering, and lights.
- Peak performance: Engine tuning and fluid replacements help to keep your van running efficiently. This ensures optimal performance
- Longevity and maintenance costs: Any potential issues can be identified before they become major. This reduces the likelihood of your van breaking down unexpectedly , costing you in lost income or having costly mechanical issues.
- Preserved resale value: A van that has been well-maintained, with a full service history is more likely to retain a higher resale value.
Our Guaranteed Van Servicing and Maintenance Package includes:
- 24 hour assistance / driver helpline
- Van Servicing, maintenance and repair (SMR)
- Van MOT testing
- Accident management
- Van Breakdown assistance, including home start
- Tyre replacements, fair wear and tear and punctures*
- Warranty claim bookings
- 16,000 approved garages across the UK
- Free van collection and delivery on day of van service, subject to availability**
- Free courtesy car, on day of van service, subject to availability**
Van servicing - what's covered?
As part of the van service, the guaranteed maintenance contract will cover, but not limited to:
- Engine oil checks and top-ups: Engine oil plays an important role in the smooth and efficient running of your van. If it becomes depleted, it can cause excess wear which can lead to engine failure. We'll make sure it's replenished as needed.
- Van brake pads and discs: Worn brake pads and discs pose a serious safety hazard. We'll check and replace them if necessary. This will ensure safe, smooth, and controlled braking.
- Van lights: Your vehicle's headlights must be in good working condition to pass an MOT inspection. We'll test and replace your bulbs and/or LEDs if they're faulty.
- Air and pollen filters: These filters in your van help maintain a fresh, clean, and breathable environment inside the cabin. We'll check that they aren't clogged, and if they are we'll replace the filters.
- Spark plugs: The spark plugs in your van assist in starting the engine and dissipating heat from the combustion chamber. If they become faulty, we will replace them.
- AdBlue: This solution helps break down engine pollutants into less harmful elements. We'll top up this solution to ensure there's an ample supply.
- Essential fluids: We'll check your van brake fluid, engine coolant, and windscreen washer fluid, topping up any that are running low.
- Battery, suspension, and tyres: We'll perform tests on these critical components of your van to ensure safe operation.
- Resetting the service light: After the service is complete, we'll deactivate your service reminder light.
Some van repairs will fall outside of the guaranteed maintenance contract. These include but aren't limited to:
- Tyre sidewall damage
Irreparable punctures to the tyre shoulder or sidewall
Repairs to alloy wheels or replacement alloy wheels
The purchase and fitting of winter tyres
Tyre wear and tear and punctures are covered under our guaranteed maintenance package. When your van tyres reach 2mm tread depth, you will be able to replace them as part of your contract. This is essential to keep you and others safe on the road.
Where a puncture is in the central body of the tyre, we will either repair or replace the van tyre. If the sidewall is damaged, it will not be repairable, and the cost of a replacement tyre falls outside of your
Why choose Vansdirect for your Van service
We'll ensure your van is taken care of at an approved workshop, with qualified technicians that use the latest tools and technology.
Our pricing is fair and competitive. We're transparent, and all work is completed as agreed.
You can expect excellent customer service from our friendly, knowledgeable team. If you have any questions, we'll be happy to help.
Looking for your next van?
At Vansdirect, we offer a wide range of van leasing deals to help you find the perfect van for your business needs. We stock various types of vans from leading manufacturers. Whether you need a small van or large van, a Luton van, or a pick-up, we have something for every job. We also have a wide range of electric vans, that are perfect for driving through Low Emission Zones.
Our flexible van financeoptions make it easy to find a van that fits your budget. We offer hire purchase, contract hire, and van fleet leasing. Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team if you would like more information on our van finance packages.
New van servicing and maintenance FAQs
How often does a van need servicing?
Generally, it is recommended that you get your van serviced once a year or every 12,000 miles. It's important to note that manufacturers may have different recommended service intervals. You should check the advised schedule for your van, which you can find in your vehicle handbook.
What do they do on a van service?
A van service includes a series of tests and checks to ensure the vehicle is safe and performing at its best. Technicians will inspect components such as the van's brakes, tyres, suspension, steering, and lights. They will also check and top up fluids such as engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, and screenwash. If any issues are detected, you should be informed and provided with a cost estimate for the necessary repairs or replacements. If you have a servicing and maintenance package from Vansdirect you shouldn't have anything extra to pay unless the issue is as a result of vehicle misuse.
How long does a van service usually take?
Typically, a full van service should take around three hours. An interim van service should take around one and a half hours.
How long can a van go without an oil change?
As a general guide, it is recommended to change the engine oil of a van roughly every 6 months or 5,000 to 7,500 miles. This interval could vary depending on several factors, including the make and model of the van, the type of oil used, and driving conditions. Each manufacturer has its own set of recommendations. Consult your vehicle handbook for guidance on your particular model.
Do you service electric vans?
Our service and maintenance packages also cover electric vans. We'll ensure electric vans are serviced by specialist technicians.