Vansdirect is fully committed to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and this policy has been designed to demonstrate the application of TCF during the course of our day to day activities. To this endeavor we have embedded the FCA’s six core consumer outcomes within our policies and processes
1. Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where TCF is central to the corporate culture
2. Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and targeted accordingly.
3. Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
4. Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances
5. Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
6. Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
We will act with integrity in everything that we do and aim to be in partnership with our customers.
Our TCF Principles:
Vansdirect strives to keep its customers informed at all times. Appropriate records are provided as required and on an ongoing basis. We have appropriate capacity and processing arrangements in place to ensure continuous support and no post-sale barriers. Vansdirect has a number of policies and procedures that are relevant to the fair treatment of customers and also achieve adherence to FCA requirements, these are (this not an exhaustive list):
Vansdirect ensures that all members of staff are familiar with the fundamental principles of TCF. In addition, where applicable, staff are trained in order to efficiently explain and provide our products and services. We make sure that all of our staff achieve the necessary standards and training in order to carry out their job functions with the required competence level. We undertake regular monitoring and assessment of our staff so that we can be certain of their competence.
Vansdirect aims to provide excellent customer service and complaint handling is a major component of its TCF measures. We deal with customer complaints fairly, objectively and in accordance with the rules laid down by the FCA. All complaints are recorded and monitored by our Customer Service Manager and reported and analysed in company reports and committee meetings.
Vansdirect culture is and has been throughout the years in line with the outcomes stipulated by the FCA’s TCF initiative. However, we frequently review our policies, procedures and practices to ensure that TCF remains a crucial part of our business.